top of page

Specialising in Party Walls
At Gillies Party Wall Surveyors we specialise solely in Party Wall and neighbourly matters and do not deviate into other areas of surveying.  This allows us to focus on keeping up to date with Party Wall legislation and recent case law, making you our number 1 priority when dealing with your Party Wall agreement.  

Free Advice and Guidance
If you require any advice on whether you need to serve notices, or have received notices and unsure what to do with them, we offer a free 30 minute consultation, guiding you with the process and your obligations under the Party Wall etc. Act 1996.

Do you want advice on the Party Wall etc. Act 1996? 
Confused whether Party Wall notices are required?

Misunderstandings often occur simply through lack of knowledge, get in contact today for free advice on whether your project involves a Party Wall within the meaning of the Act.

Contact Gillies Party Wall Surveyors today
for free, no obligation advice

Gillies Party Wall Surveyors A4 no text_

Building Owner

Are you planning works to your property that's within 3 or 6 metres of your neighbours property?

Perhaps an extension, loft conversion or even a basement?

We can advise you on the Party Wall process from notices to serving of the award and beyond

Adjoining Owner

Have you received notices from your neighbour?

Has your neighbour commenced works, but no notices have been received?

Are you unsure whether to Consent to the works or Dissent?

We can act on your behalf, as appointed surveyor OR 'Agreed' Surveyor 

Party Wall etc. Act 1996

By law, you are required to serve notices to your neighbour if you intend to carry out works notifiable under The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 ('The Act')

'The Act' is an alternative dispute resolution process, enabling issues over certain building works to be resolved without the need to go through British Common Law, which can be very expensive.  

bottom of page